I’d like to share a story with you. You might even call it your story.
Once upon a time there was a planet. A planet inhabited by humans. The planet was called Earth. Sound familiar?
Most of the humans were just like you.
- Living their busy lives
- Doing the friends and family thing
- Planning big adventures
In fact, most of these humans desired to do really big things.
- To have greater impact on the planet.
- To be part of something greater than themselves.
- To live happy, successful lives.
Sadly, three big obstacles kept holding them back.
#1 – The humans often felt they weren’t good enough
#2 – They were afraid of being different from everyone else
#3 – They often hid in the closets of their lives
See, they were all doing lots of things just to fit in:
- Dating and mating in heteronormative ways
- Raising families the way Mom and Dad had done
- Climbing career ladders, one position at a time
- Juggling over packed schedules because that’s what you do
- Making and saving money for SOMEDAY like everyone else
Heck, some were even struggling to building businesses based on the latest, biggest, BIZ GURU’s big, big ideas!
Many of these humans spent a lot of time, energy, and brainpower doing things they didn’t want to do, simply to keep their lives moving forward…or so they thought. Yep, they buckled down and did it. That’s what you’re supposed to do. Right?
Fall in line, and do what everyone else does, that’s what was expected. Don’t rock the boat by being a dreamer…by being unique…flying outside the lines!
Between “you can’t, you shouldn’t” and “that will never work,” so many of the humans on planet Earth began to lose themselves.
- Losing their confidence.
- Hiding their uniqueness.
- Sacrificing themselves, their values, their beliefs.
Life suddenly became challenging. Often these humans lost sleep, put on fake smiles, and hid their most valuable assets, just to fit in.
Not only was conforming challenging, but leading a double-life became exhausting.
Never being able to share their true self and talents with the world made it impossible to fully enjoy life.
And the worst part? Everyone around them was doing the same thing.
Hiding in their lives…not fully expressing themselves!
Schools were teaching it.
Companies expected it.
Friends were only friends if you did it.
Families in many cases only tolerated you if you did it.
Society as a whole, flat out expected it…from everyone!
It being – pretending to be someone you’re NOT just to make the world go
round a little easier!
The whole planet was doing it
Playing the game.
Living unfulfilled lives.
Then, things began to change.
Every so often a few of the humans would start to do things differently.
Summon up their confidence.
Bravely owning their uniqueness in the world.
- Brave and courageous humans began to come out of their closets…living their truth.
- More and more humans began to experience success as they defined IT for themselves.
- Other humans began to build unconventional lives and experience real happiness, living in their uniqueness.
- Businesses profits and revenues exploded as people over profit became the new normal.
- Creativity, progressive-thought, and “let’s try something completely different,” became the standard instead of the strange or weird ideas.
The humans who were afraid to be different, finally decided to take flight!
They asked a few of the humans who’d stepped away from being like everyone else, “How did you do it? ”
“We mustered up our confidence. We embraced our uniqueness. We unleashed our superpowers on the world!
They came out of their closets. Quit hiding their secrets.
Started living their own brand of uniquely me! So can you!
Now don’t worry, I’m not going to come into your life and start busting things up, or forcing you out of your closets.
As a gay man, I know it isn’t cool to force anyone out of the closet. That’s all a personal decision.
Instead, I’m gonna jump alongside you in your life, or your organization, and start snooping around. With your permission of course!
I’ll be hunting for lot’s of stuff in those closets, but three things in particular.
#1 – Curiosity Slayers
#2 – Confidence Busters
#3 – Commitment Destroyers
These three culprits are notoriously known for hiding out in the dark corners of our closets, creating unnecessary havoc in life, for no darn good reason
But, that’s why I’m here. To sniff them out – in a safe, supportive way.
To help get them out of your closet, out of your life – after all, we’re all closeted about something.
Once they’re out of the way, you’ll suddenly feel energized and invincible enough to break through your unique closet door to…
- Declare your sexual orientation without shame or guilt
- Ask that hot guy or gal out on a date, no more procrastinating
- Go for the promotion you didn’t think was yours to be had
- Take a stand, advocating for a cause, regardless what others think
- Jump into your entrepreneurial cape, escaping from cubicle nation
- Say “Bye-bye” to following, and say “Hello Beautiful” to leading
Together, we’re going to pull out some of the greatest ASSETS OF YOU that you didn’t even know you had. NO MORE HIDING!
You’ll discover that being confidently, uniquely you is an awesome idea.
So much better than pretending to be someone you’re not!
Then you and I will tap my closet busting brain to put together a deep dive action plan that gets to your soul, your truth. To the you that’s been waiting to be uniquely you in the world. I help you discover you. The confident, unique you!
I’m all about uncovering you. The real you that represents you in life, love, and business.
It’s not about having a life for someday based on everyone else’s expectations.
It’s about being freakin’ in love with you and your life right now – no more hiding, no more closets!
It’s also about sharing your love and passion for what you do, how you live your life — in a way that makes a bigger impact in the world.
You have amazing gifts and assets you’re hiding that need to be shared with the world. But if you’re hiding in the closet, you’re missing the chance to lead a life well lived.
So. . . Sound like what you’ve been looking for?
Whether you’re an individual or a team looking to stop hiding, or to break out of the closets of your life, there’s no better time than the present. Check out my writing, speaking, and individual coaching programs.