I’m in the middle of a lot of contractual agreements right now.
My book Frankly My Dear I’m Gay: A Late Bloomers Guide, just came out and there’s been lots of damn contracts.
- Publishers contracts
- PR contracts
- Collaboration contracts
- Book tour contracts
The list goes on, and on, and on. PHEW, I’m tired and my hands are aching from signing all the contracts and from starting to sign books. But I’m not complaining. Well actually I am, because you see, here’s my dirty little secret…I forgot to take care of some very important contracts.
- Contract with myself to bump up my self care as things are getting busy
- Contract with myself to eat better and to drink lots of water
- Contract with myself to get at least 7 hours of sleep
- Contract with my husband to carve out time for him and us
- Contract with my daughters to not forget who they are
- Contract with my family to make sure that as the spotlight may shine on me that they are ok with that and that they keep my feet on solid ground
- Contract with my humility to not let my ego get out of control
- Contract with my pride to not be ashamed of what I’ve created and achieved
- Contract with my timekeeper to ensure I don’t overextend myself
- Contract with my higher power to stay connected
You see, without signing the right contracts, even the personal ones, you can’t embrace your uniqueness, step up to the plate to do what you’ve been called to do on the planet, find the confidence to overcome self-doubts, nor find the happiness that resides within your soul.
Frankly My Dear, isn’t it time that you made a contract with yourself to let your truest self come out of the closet and be uniquely who you are, in a healthy, supportive manner for you and the human race?