I was working with a client this week who was feeling unfocused, out of control, and as if everything was up in the air. After he shared the various aspects of his life that were making him feel like a master juggler, I shared with him one of my Rickism’s that I live by:
- Every good idea, desire, or goal needs a solid place to land in order for it to take root and grow.
- In order for it to land, some aspect of the idea, desire, or goal must be up in the air, out in the ether’s of possibility, before it can become a reality.
- Without letting our thoughts about our ideas, desires, and goals float out there in possibility land, they then simply remain thoughts that never get implemented into actions.
- Without taking any actions to dissect the possibilities, nothing gets done and you simply continue to juggle your ideas, desires, and goals, and nothing ever lands.
- The thought, idea, goal lands in a manner that lights you up and you move forward with excitement and wonder into your new adventure.
- The thought, idea, goal lands in a manner that doesn’t set well and you release it…if you can release it.
It means that you literally explore the following question:
in my life, or is it in my best interest to finally let it go and to move on?