We’ve all heard the saying, “You’re going to keep being taught the lesson, until you learn it.” Not sure today’s guest needed to learn a lesson, but she’s had plenty of lessons learned in her 50+ years here on the planet.
From man of the world to woman on purpose, she finally found herself at age 50 and said, “I am woman hear me roar!” We’re covering everything from relationships and parenting, to professional work life and moving through life in stealth mode as we explore one woman’s beautiful journey to finally letting herself out of the bag to live her truth.
- Being in the male role made it easier to pretend she didn’t feel like a girl
- The feeling of being “stuck” would start creeping in for Stephanie
- She thought she had to be with a woman, because she wasn’t a gay man
- Stephanie really didn’t know how many friends and family she would lose on the other side
- Proper mental health is needed when transitioning!
Connect with Stephanie Poole
Stephanie Poole is an architect and writer. She is a transgender / transsexual woman who has defied the odds that are stacked up against trans women. She has a successful career and social life. She is involved in the Point Foundation as a mentor for LGBT youth and also mentors other trans women looking to navigate the complicated waters of transitioning from male to female. She is a trans advocate and speaks publicly with the PFLAG Speakers Bureau. While she was trapped in a man’s body and world, she fathered two wonderful can learn more about her by viewing or following her on Facebook, Instagram, and her own personal website. Also, coming soon is her wonderful trans advocate web site, trans-101.com. Be looking for this mid 2017.