I get asked all the time, “How did your kids take your coming out?” Well instead of me explaining, I thought for Father’s Day it would be an awesome experience to bring my daughters, Shelby (22) and Riley (18) onto The Coming Out Lounge for a truth telling chat about growing up with gay dads.
There’s nothing they hold back, and no they didn’t get bribed to say nice things. They are just being themselves – something I feel like my husband and I taught them about them about coming out to be themselves…but I will let you be the judge.
Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers out there and I hope you all share this podcast with parents and kids alike as we discover that, “The Kids Really Are All Right!”
- Hear how having two gay dads helped them understand the LGBTQ community
- Your are born with a sexual identity but it’s also something you need to discover
- What my daughters say are the biggest lessons I taught them
- People are much more aware of what is politically correct (and what isn’t) now
- Realize your children can make their own choices and have their own opinions!
Connect with Shelby
Connect with Riley