20 years ago a hot dog impacted his life. Yes I said a hot dog. This hot dog was so impactful it caused him to come out of his closet…bun and all.
No longer willing to work for “nob heads” any longer, Mark Asquith decided to try his hand at digital product development and began working with some of the UK’s biggest organizations, including the NHS, JCB and Ministry of Defence. But that wasn’t enough, he struggled with the effect that the famous “hot dog incident” had on him and decided that the only way to actually control his own lifestyle was to work truly for himself.
This is his closet story.
* Discover what happens if you dance to Michael Jackson (or at least what he thought would happen)
* He sold out for an extra $2k per year and here’s what didn’t pay off
* Power Question: Which version of the answer are you going to regret the most?
* What do cash and control have to do with it? Everything.
* The biggest secret of life is this…but you’ll have to listen to learn
Mark Asquith is a serial entrepreneur who has built globally successful design, marketing, software and digital businesses since he quit his real job in 2005. A passionate podcaster, global keynote speaker and helpful bloke, Mark is the co-founder of Podcast Websites and the creator of Excellence Expected. He has a terribly embarrassing beard.
In 2008 he set up his first “real” business.
Less than 12 months later he royally screwed it up, having on 60 pounds in the bank and having let his whole team and offices go.
Since then, the Hot Dog Kid has learned his lesson and has gone on to found a globally successful design agency, two tech startups, the UK’s #1 business podcast and a personal brand that has created an audience of worldwide fans of his “no shit” attitude.
Following a blaze of glory burnout in 2012, he is a regular speaker across the world at tech, business and media events, particularly in the United States.
* A straight talking, no bullshit millennial speaker.
* Talks on productivity, startups, work/life balance, personal branding, digital product development, user experience and all aspects of modern marketing.
* Spends all his speaking fees on hot dogs and beard products.
* Once heckled Rick Astley enough to upset him