Today is all about, he said, he said. My friend Joel Barret of Joel Speaks out, OUTwords:LGBTQ Storytelling and Sexual SundaySchool joins me to talk about whatever peaks our interest. We’re each going to take turns throwing topics on the table and letting one another respond. We might agree, disagree, or get into a good old gay cat fight…you never know. Regardless, it is sure to be fun and a beautiful open dialogue about everything under the LGBTQ rainbow.
- Is Pride becoming too corporate? Find out what Joel thinks…
- Sometimes the greatest form of activism is just being you – wherever you are
- We’ve been cruel to one another in our own LGBT communities
- Joel shares why we need to really embrace the diversity of our rainbow
- There’s power in opening up spaces to have conversations!
Connect with Joel Barrett
Joel Speaks Out, is an LGBTQ Writer, Speaker, and Gatherer. He is a regular contributor to local and regional publications such as The Phoenix Newsletter and is currently working on a project for Out Magazine. He has hosted his own podcast featuring interviews with LGBTQ leaders and personalities. He is the producer and host of two monthly stage shows, OUTwords:LGBTQ Storytelling and Sexual SundaySchool.
Joel is recognized for his honesty in sharing his story as a former Baptist pastor and survivor of ex-gay therapy. He has a unique ability to bring people together, his message encourages everyone to challenge their fears and live with authenticity and transparency.
He and his husband David celebrated 11 years together in 2017.